Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_3_] Doctor Drivel[_3_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

"funkyoldcortina" wrote in message
On 03/01/12 12:32, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"funkyoldcortina" wrote in message
On 26/12/11 11:31, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

It's common to give the very best MPG that can be achieved under ideal
conditions.

The Mk 3 Pirus get 75mpg in average driving. This is hard for senile
fools to
comprehend.

No, it doesn't.

But it will get about 50mpg without trying and 60mpg if you try hard. If
you do a lot of stop-start town driving you'll get significantly more.

The Mk 3 not Mk 2.

Yes, I'm talking about the Mk 3 as I drive one regularly (though it's not
mine or my company's).

Around central London they get approx 75mpg. Even 5th Gear confirmed that
saying 72.4mpg "average":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml2sPeCQIJw

They lauded the car on its eco credentials.