Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So what DIY projects are planned for the next year then?

John Rumm wrote:

Just wondering what grand schemes we can look forward to reading about ;-)

House: Now me and SWMBO have (apparantly) stable jobs, and might actually go
a year without changing them:

Immediate: Slap some old paving slabs down out front over a dead end bit of
the garden and stick a couple of small cheap sheds up, flat pck jobbies. One
for bikes, one for garden tools.

House:

Wire lights properly (first job, while weather is ****e).

Get roofer to retile, incorportaing 3" celotex and breathable membrane

Drop long runs of pipe in and cap off, for future CH install (to save taking
up half the floor, see next item).

Loose fit new planked floor upstairs (loose so it seasons in situ prior to
full fix down), cover with cheap heavy DPM to protect

Book a mate and strip the platerboard and final galss wool, celotex under
flat dormer roof from inside (easy), replasterboard. Remodel timber walls a
little.

Board out the 4 corner roof voids for storage with ply screwed down to spead
the load a little ove rthe 4" ceiling joists.

Fit 4 new uPVC windows to upstairs

Book plaster to skim.

Paint.

Finally, sign off on storage...