Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Low boy Trailer re-wiring

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:18:21 -0600, Ignoramus15400

On 2012-01-02, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 19:09:36 -0600, Ignoramus15400
wrote:

I finally have got enough time to look at my trailer and tried to find
out why electricals were [mostly] not working. I did some standard
troubleshooting tricks and found out that I have a bad ground
connection. When I cleaned up an area of the trailer with an angle
grinder and hooked up a 12v negative to that, instead of white on the
plug, the lights lit up.

This trailer uses the body of the trailer as a negative ground. I have
a feeling that it does not work well after rust sets in.

It was built like a damned Brit car, eh? That sucks. ;/

OK, what kind of cable should I use, to avoid deterioration over the
years in Illinois weather.

Why, the -good- stuff, of course. groan Look for "trailer cable".
http://www.awcwire.com/ProductSpec.a...=Trailer-Cable etc.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx Handy reference.

--
Win first, Fight later.