Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_3_] Doctor Drivel[_3_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article , Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
harry wrote:

On Dec 31 2011, 9:09 am, Steve Firth wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
hugh ] wrote:
But how many of those eligible to vote were at that meeting?

Never actually counted them but in those days the meetings were
generally held in the open air just off site during lunch breaks
so I
guess the turn out would be pretty high.

If, as is claimed, there was massive successful intimidation,
surely
those wimps who couldn't stand up for themselves would simply stay
away
from the meeting?

Those who did stand up for themselves in King Arthur's. Coal War
continue
to suffer abuse and ostracism to this day. Calling those who didn't
want
to see their families suffering because the bread winner was "a scab"
wimps shows a massive lack of understanding on your part or a massive
dose of cynicism if you were actually aware of how dissenters within
the
unions are treated.

Bricks through your window on a daily basis tend to cause even strong
independent individuals to toe the line.

That is true. I have seen it myself. In the S Wales coalfields it is
carried down the generations, even though the mines are long closed.
The scabs and non scabs have to live in separate places. And their
children and grandchildren.

These Welsh know how to hold a grudge.

I doubt it applies to the Welsh in general, but I'm happy to label
those it
does apply to as a socio-retard.

A scab is a SCAB.

So tell us, drivel,