Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vrgolf@hotmail.com is offline

Default Low boy Trailer re-wiring

As you're certainly not the first to do this, what you need
is a replacement, sealed, modular wiring harness.

Unless you need/want to invest in the tools, connectors, etc
gary

I finally have got enough time to look at my trailer and tried to find
out why electricals were [mostly] not working. I did some standard
troubleshooting tricks and found out that I have a bad ground
connection. When I cleaned up an area of the trailer with an angle
grinder and hooked up a 12v negative to that, instead of white on the
plug, the lights lit up.

This trailer uses the body of the trailer as a negative ground. I have
a feeling that it does not work well after rust sets in.

I would like to ask if it makes sence to just redo it all, rip out and
throw everything away, and make new wiring.

Since I have forklifts, I can easily turn the trailer to the side or
upside down.