Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Josepi[_23_] Josepi[_23_] is offline

Default Shoe bench

Nice!

Wife wants one of those hall benches with high backs but I can't stand the
look of those "bolt-upright" things. This style may be a good design idea
start for my project.

-----------

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message

My daughter and her family are neat-niks. All shoes must be removed when
entering the house. That meant that the front door was surrounded by shoes
making it hard to get in to the house. I made a shoe bench from cherry with
a drawer for each person. The height is the same as a chair so everyone can
sit on it. The drawers are baltic birch with lots of holes to let shoes
odors flow out! I like it to look nice and white so they are finished with 3
coats of satin water based Varathane poly which imparts no color. The cherry
is finished with one coat of General Finishes Seal-A-Cell clear oil finish
and three coats of General Finishes satin oil and urethane top coat.