Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How to check for space *before* denting hood?

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 16:49:09 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jan 1, 7:29*pm, micky wrote:
I need to put a small accessory under the hood of my car, but fear it
will hit the hood when it's lowered.

How do people decide before deniting the hood if something is too big?

I tried wadded up newspaper, but it just sprang back to the original
wad size.

Thanks

Cut some foam or something else that won't damage the hood to the same
size as your "accessory".

Sprinkle baby powder on the top of it and close the hood.

A good idea. I have some baby powder too!

I'll let you figure out the rest on your own.

I have to think about it.