Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 16:58:09 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

That's the one I have but it's not installed on this box I'm using. It
is very handy if you have a large monitor and you are leaned back in an
easy chair watching movies or posting to Usenet. ^_^

Think it was about 1993-4 when I went to wireless.
A Logitech wireless keyboard was about 60 bucks.
I was leaned back on a chair with a wired keyboard on my lap playing
Doom.
Something startled me so bad I toppled over backwards with the chair
and almost pulled the IBM PS/1 off the desk.
Screwed up the PS/2 port on the motherboard.
IBM wanted $1800 for a new motherboard - not far from what i paid for
the entire computer.
Luckily, my brother was making diagnostic cards and had the equipment
to redo the broken tracings.
But that's when I decided to go wireless on keyboard.
Wireless mice came later.
Early ones weren't responsive enough for gaming.
Seems USB 1.0 wasn't too good either.
That mouse with a recharging cradle that I didn't like was USB when it
was USB 1.0.
Might have been the mouse itself and nothing to do with USB.
But I avoided USB for mice until recently.
Now that's what I use with USB 2.0 and they work fine.

--Vic