Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

In article , says...

" wrote:

I had a couple of those. The receiver kept falling off the bottom when in the
case, and the batteries were always dead. I like the newer ones (M205/M505)
much better. They have a "nano receiver" (never have to take it out of the
USB port) and a switch to turn them off. There is a carrying slot for the
receiver, if you don't want to keep it in the system. OfficeMax just had the
M205 on sale for $15 and the M505 for $20.

This Logitech M215 has a "nano receiver", and is a full sized mouse.
it has held up the longest of any mouse I've ever tried. The worst was
a Phillips. It failed within five minutes of opening the package. It
was a sample I bought, when I owned a computer store. I had bought
about a dozen mice of various brands and models to test, before adding
them to the inventory. About half were unacceptable, but it was the
only one that fell apart.

I wish more retailers were like you... seems like so much stuff on the
shelves is garbage.

FWIW, the big problem with the Logitechs seems to be the microswitches.
They tend to die young with the result being unintended double-clicks.
If you read the Amazon reviews you'll find numerous accounts of this
problem, and it affects more than one model, from the high to the low
end of the range. It's not correctable by cleaning. It's bad enough
that you can buy kits of two third-party replacement microswitches off
of Amazon or ebay.

Worse, it's an intermittent. Mine's been behaving for the last week or
so. Before that it was doubling regularly on me.