Posted to alt.home.repair

Default May leave Xmas lights up all year

On Jan 1, 9:49*am, "Nono" wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote in message

I put up a couple of strings of white LED Xmas lights up underneath my
front porch and plugged them in to the existing lamp socket. *You cant
see the lights from the front of the house but they light up the porch
nicely at night.. Original lights were two clear bulb incandescent
lamps. Outlets were made into the old porcelain fixtures

Jimmie

It's a nice way to light a porch -- very even illumination, not too bright
and certainly energy efficient. *Rope light would be a better choice because
it's UL rated for outdoor installations on a continuous basis. *Holiday
light strings are only rated for seasonal use.

Tomsic

A house near me had Xmas light up all year from a year ago. They were
hung in trees in the yard and were the type that look like icicles,
with
light strobing down. I was surprised at how long they lasted. Over
the months the number that were still working declined, but I'd say
most made it through summer and there were still some left going
into Dec. They finally took them down a couple weeks before this
Xmas and replaced them with new ones.