Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Cutting off the top edge of a car battery?

" wrote:

On Dec 31 2011, 11:40*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

-snip-
Is the fuse box cover your only concern? *The last time I replaced a
fuse on a car was back in the early 70's. *I'd not worry about it at
all.

That's what I was thinking too. If it just makes getting the fuse
box cover off somewhat more difficult, I wouldn't worry about it
either. I've only replaced maybe one fuse in the last 20 years
here too. I however checked them a little more often than that
when something wasn't working and as usual, started with the
fuse.

You guys just driving 2-3 yr old cars? My Impala is 'only' 10 yrs
old and I've had the covers off those panels [inside each of the front
doors- so handy] a dozen times at least-- Not even counting the time,
last year, that I fried the wires with one of those cigg. lighter
compressors.

And these have been random fuses-- not an ongoing problem.

And thanks for the reminder--- the rear window defroster needs
something- I'll start with a look in the fuze box.

Jim
[and I'll jump on with everybody else-- Buy the right battery.
Interstate are my choice these days
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/c.../CarsAndTrucks ]