Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Can a Syncrowave 250 run from a 60A circuit

Pete C. wrote:

I'm not sure on that. If you are running high amps and trip he breaker
and your cooler is plugged into the Syncro's outlet you loose coolant
circulation as well. If I were running this way *and* trying to do heavy
work I'd make sure the cooler was on a separate circuit.

Well, most of the water-cooled torches are rated for 350 Amps, he won't
get anywhere NEAR that on a 60 A breaker, so in this case, I can't see much
trouble. I mean, you also lose post-flow shielding, too, but having the
weld stop unexpectedly is going to mess up the welding anyway.

I've never run over 150 A although my welder is capable of maxing out
my torch. I am getting into slightly bigger workpieces, though.

Jon