Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting off the top edge of a car battery?

On 1/1/2012 3:03 AM, Mr. Austerity wrote:
micky wrote:
What tool would you use to cut the black hard rubber? top end off of a
car battery, the part that holds the plastic handle on? Hack saw,
eledtric sabre saw? Some sort of hot wire device? ??

And is this a bad idea for some reason?

The battery in there now has no handle, but at least 3 chain stores
around here, Autozone, Advance, and PepBoys, sell batteries that are
the same size and shape, even though they are different brand names..
And if I want as many CCA as I have now, the end willl make it even
harder to get the fuxse box cover off.

Here ya go, say good-bye to the warranty on the battery though.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch-...ter-47077.html

This one would probably work better:

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-doubl...8316-8065.html

TDD