Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught itin school.

On Jan 1, 5:17*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:18:58 -0500, willshak
wrote:

Ask anyone how many units in pints or quarts those 2 liter bottles
contain. Even I'd have to look it up for the exact figure. I believe
it's a little less than a quart (I would have to look it up to see if my
guess is correct, but I won't).
Being exposed to the metric system does not mean that one understands it..

You have to "want" to understand it. *If you look at that 2 liter soda
bottle, it will show you it is 67.6 ounces and no, I did not have to
look it up. *Wine and spirits are 750 ml and 1 liter too.

There can be any amount of ounces in a litre.
How many gallons are in a mile?
It makes no sense to conjugate them.
Just as "cups" is nonsense.