Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught it in school.

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 22:32:28 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

Harry K wrote:
On Dec 29, 2:12 pm, wrote:
There is no reason to even speak about the US standard. Any US
conversions will be when it happens in the real world.

Now playing: One Eskimo, Kandihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_tBHoRaxns

I am surprised. this is the first thread I have seen where a bunch of
retards haven't jumped in trying to defend the non-metric system.

One of the most commong objections is "I won't know what wrench to
use" while ignoring the fact that they haven't looked at the size of
wrench they grab for a long long time. I need a 9/16 I grab "that"
wrench and amazingly it is the right size. Would work just the same
in metric except there wouldn't be nearly as many in a set.

I just checked a few items in the fridge, bread, milk, water, butter,
ketchup. All had metric equivalents listed on them but only the water
bottle was in metric (750 ml).

Harry K

Hmmm,
The longer we use imperial system, the resulting economic implications
will be huge. The sooner we switch over to metric system, the better
it'll be. Any how, I am OK with both but what a bore.

We're already fifty years past that point. ...far enough that it really
doesn't matter anymore. Conversion is trivial, if needed, and for most it's
not.