Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught it in school.

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 18:27:32 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

The point is to just stop using US units. A liter = quart and a yard
= meter. 1 mile = 1.5 kilometers

Anyone in school doing math will love you for it. Kids will love you
for it.

Forget conversions. Forget US units.

It is a mind set. People are afraid of change and some ferociously
resist it. . When I found that I'd have to use metrics some years
ago, the thought was a bit intimidating. After a few days, it was
just another set of numbers that was easy to understand. Forget silly
wrench sizes like 23/64.

If you can use dimes and dollars, you can use metric.