Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Cutting off the top edge of a car battery?

hr(bob) wrote:
On Dec 31, 9:24 pm, wrote:
What tool would you use to cut the black hard rubber? top end off of a
car battery, the part that holds the plastic handle on? Hack saw,
eledtric sabre saw? Some sort of hot wire device? ??

And is this a bad idea for some reason?

The battery in there now has no handle, but at least 3 chain stores
around here, Autozone, Advance, and PepBoys, sell batteries that are
the same size and shape, even though they are different brand names..
And if I want as many CCA as I have now, the end willl make it even
harder to get the fuxse box cover off.

You want to cut the top off aof a brand new battery that you are going
to buy???? That just might void the warranty, to say nothing about
the chances of shorting something out and blowing up the whole battery
and maybe severely disfiguring your face and body due toi the flying
acid from the explosion. BAD IDEA

Hi,
Also alternator should have enough capacity to charge bigger battery in
time when it is running down.