Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

On Dec 31 2011, 10:56*am, Tim Lamb
wrote:
In message , Tim
Streater writes

In article , Doctor Drivel

On 2011-12-30, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Strange. My memory gives a constantly rising standard of living and
financial stability for much of the 15 years or so of the last labour
government.

Funded entirely by debt, leading to ...
*That is tripe spouted by brainwashed Tory voting fool.
*Labour inherited a basket case on 1997. The Tories inherited pretty
well the *strongest economy in the Western world.

Stuff and nonsense. In 1997, inflation was at 2.5% and had been for at
least three years. Unemployment was falling fast. Source for both of
these? The Economist.

YEAR : Surplus/deficit, £m : Party in power
1991 -8,142 *Con
1992 -29,259 Con
1993 -40,576 Con
1994 -36,268 Con
1995 -28,232 Con
1996 -22,749 Con
1997 -11,246 Lab
1998 6,903 Lab
1999 17,474 Lab
2000 21,489 Lab
2001 19,646 Lab

So your figures stop on 2001. Any particular reason for that - like
huge deficits building up from 2002 perhaps?

So far (unless I missed it) PFI has not been mentioned. ISTM that this
is *off the books* expenditure and ought to be included in GB's record.

regards

--
Tim Lamb- Hide quoted text -

That is a big one too. And will be ongoing for years.