Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Shop heat question

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

-"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
-Finishing up framing a 13'x36' shop area within my large shop. Walls and
8 foot ceiling fully insulated. All surfaces are 1/2" -oriented strand
board, along with a couple of double insulated windows looking into the
bigger shop. There is 4" insulation in walls -and 6" in ceiling.
Concrete floor with vinyl tile. Power available for heating would be
either electricity or propane.

-Would like to maintain 50°F to keep machinery from rusting. Outside
temperatures average around 36-38°F through the winter -months. I don't
require a warmer temperature for working. Can always place a small
propane heater next to me if I'm going to -stand in one place for a long
time.

-All suggestions greatly appreciated. BTW, ceiling will have 8 four-foot
four-lamp fluorescent lights.

-Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

I'm still looking for a gas or propane forge that doubles as a space
heater.

Don't they all ?