Posted to alt.home.repair
nefletch nefletch is offline

Default Whirlpool stove

I should have stated that this problem has been going on since we owned it
new. As with most hectic households, we only get to bake once a month, deal
with the poor oven temps, cause it's the weekend, and then don't have time
to deal with it during the week. As far as the burners, same since it was
new. Voltage may very well be the problem, cause if I use 2 or more
burners, they are even more eratic. thanks for the response.

"RBM" wrote in message
On 12/31/2011 4:36 PM, nefletch wrote:
We have a 2 year old Whirlpool Gold double oven stove, that has some
issues.
1st issue. when we want to use the oven, we set the oven to pre-heat at
350,
in about 5 minutes, the oven beeps, saying it's at 350, and shows 350.
But
our little thermometer in the oven only shows around 200-250, and it
takes
another 20 minutes for the oven to actually reach 350. way too long as
far
as I'm concerned. 2nd issue, the stove top, somewhat the same scenario,
it
takes about 20 minutes for the pan to get to the proper heating level I
want, way too long. Another issue is the burners for a different reason.
Once the pan is at the proper level, it constantly creeps up in
temperature
as you use it. example. fried 3 sets of bacon today. I heated up the
pan, fried 1 set of bacon, just the right temperature. While frying the
second set of bacon, I noticed it was frying a little hotter, and during
the
3rd set of bacon , it was splattering all over the place. Obviously the
stove top is gradually rising in temperature, because I never once
adjusted
the heat. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

You don't say if this is a new problem, or it's always been this way. The
incorrect oven temperature sounds like a control problem, but the fact
that it heats too slowly sounds like a voltage problem. Assuming your
cooktop has 4 burners, each has a separate control. If they're all erratic
like the one you describe, the issue must be something else. Cooking
appliances usually have a voltage range from around 208 to 240. If your
electric service is 208 volts, the heating elements won't get as hot, and
will take longer to heat