Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 12/31/2011 06:26 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:15:01 -0500, Doug Miller

On 2011-12-29, Doug wrote:

What was your first clue?

That Sears has the slightest inkling of what a micrometer is?

Apparently you're unaware that Sears sells micrometers.

Perhaps, or perhaps not. Because Sears sells something doesn't mean they have
the first clue about what it is. ...more likely the opposite.

Ain't that the truth. I was in a Sears with a friend a while back and
they had a little display with a thread restorer thingy that looked like
the feline's posterior. Asked the guy if they had any for sale, he said
"we're all out, but the store (somewhere 10 miles away) have three in
stock." So we went over there, armed with the SKU and everything, and
man, were they ever confused... system said they had three, but damned
if they knew where they were, or what they were... but I'd copied down
the brand name of the thing so I could just go home and order it online.
Which is what I find myself doing with a lot of stuff.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel