Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught it in school.

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:18:58 -0500, willshak
wrote:

Ask anyone how many units in pints or quarts those 2 liter bottles
contain. Even I'd have to look it up for the exact figure. I believe
it's a little less than a quart (I would have to look it up to see if my
guess is correct, but I won't).
Being exposed to the metric system does not mean that one understands it.

The point is to just stop using US units. A liter = quart and a yard
= meter. 1 mile = 1.5 kilometers

Anyone in school doing math will love you for it. Kids will love you
for it.

Forget conversions. Forget US units.

And................if you really have to know a conversion. Google
will nail it for you. Put in any distance an it will convert to any
other distance. One conversion to convert light years to centimeters
or feet.

same with volume, same with time, same as it ever was.