Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan[_8_] Ivan[_8_] is offline

Default It Came From Under the Linoleum

On Dec 19, 9:47*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Dec 18, 9:31*am, Ivan wrote:

The lineoleum on my kitchen floor is buckling slightly and developing
cracks through which seeps some thin fluid, colored like cocoa with a
lot of milk.

The only thing I can think of that might account for this is that many
months ago we had a drip under the kitchen sink, enough that over time
it warped the plywood floor of the under-sink cabinet. *But that has
been fixed, and there is no dampness there now. *No idea what's
happening below that plywood, though, which is 2-3 inches above floor
level.

The house was built in 1958, and thelinoleumwas there when I bought
the house 18 years ago.

I know the lineoleum will have to come up and be replaced, but what am
I likely to find under it?

OK Ivan, answer the question, what is under the floor, slab, crawl or
full basement????- Hide quoted text -

Full basement. Hard to look at the underside, though, because
sheetrock is nailed to the bottom of the joists in that area. (Rest of
basement has drop ceiling with removable tiles).