Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Question about "Good Stuff"

"Steve B" wrote in message
I'm at the point of adding flashing to make the corners on my building. I
need to add some sort of sealant. Regular caulking would do it, just take
a lot, and some of the spaces are rather large, in the 20 cubic inch
range.

Is Good Stuff spreadable? Is it very self adhesive for overhead and
vertical applications? I may have to make some cardboard dams for just
until it sets up enough to adhere. As it ages, does it keep its
adhesiveness, or may it fall off of the overhead?

I know there's a short working time with this. Could one spray some out,
then putty knife it right away into the cracks and crags. Know I just
need to go get a couple of cans and try it, just looking for anyone who
has experience with this stuff.

Steve

When you try to spread it it gets all gooky and rolls up. It will fall and
drip out of cracks, etc. before it cures. It will stay in place as it ages
but is subject to some UV degradation if not protected. It gets brittle but
doesn't fall off.