Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default DIY Legality

On Dec 31, 9:14*pm, "Cash"
wrote:
Judith wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:37:52 -0000, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message
. ..
Someone posted the following picture on another *newsgroup.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/kitchen.jpg

(Note the white cable coming out of the LHS of the supply point
above the cooker)

Whilst it is obviously potentially unsafe and stupidity to have
something like
this *in a kitchen; has the person who did it broken any
regulations?

I suppose if it was the owner of the property who did the wiring,
then it would be their own stupid fault if someone gets an electric
shock - or would
the person who made the connection be liable in anyway?

Then whoever has a kitchen with that amount of stuff on worktop, and
a bike in front of cooker could hardly complain about untidy wiring.

People do not seem to realise that if you have been out on a push
bike - there is more than a fair chance that there is dog **** on the
wheels; not something to bring in to the kitchen as far as I am
concerned.

I know of someone who keeps his bikes in one of the bedrooms !!

Judith,

Without wishing to get into any sort of scrap here, surely what the owner
does within the bounds of his or her property really has sod-all to do with
you?

This is between Judith and another uk.rec.cycling poster. Anything
goes really, they are both as barking as each other.

Also, I would be very sure that the likely hood of you picking up some "dog
****" on your shoes when walking and carrying into your kitchen would be
just as high - and "not something to *bring into the kitchen" either.

I certainly wouldn't allow Judith in my kitchen.

MBQ