Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Alex Heney Alex Heney is offline

Default DIY Legality

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 14:16:36 -0500, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 12/31/2011 2:14 PM, ARWadsworth wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 12/31/2011 1:51 PM, John Rumm wrote:

Say it turns out that it is actually an electric cooker, and the
flex we can see is feeding it, and its normal 1.5mm^2 PVC flex that
has been hardwired into the back of a normal power circuit socket -
then yes there are serious concerns, it is unsafe, and the person
responsible was not competent to do the work.

It looks like a smooth-top electric cooker.

It looks like a gas cooker with a hinged glass lid.

Hmm.
I suppose it could be.

Not likely.

Those usually have a fairly obvious handle at the front, while the lip
in that one curves the wrong way, so there is no obvious and easy way
to grip it to lift.

It looks much more like a ceramic hob to me.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Murphy is out there... waiting...