Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default DIY Legality

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

The flex connected to the rear of the socket may be of concern since if
the socket is fed from a circuit protected by a 32A MCB, it may not
provide fault protection for that flex. We also don't know what the flex
feeds, and whether it needs additional overload protection. Its possible
that is just feeds the ignition circuit on a gas cooker.

Given the use of multiway adapters I would expect to find the flex feeds the
two way socket and is plugged into somewhere else.
I see no reason to think it goes to an appliance.