Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Fridge compressor failing?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:55:19 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

We have a 20 year old Whirlpool refrigerator, 18.1 cubic feet, white,
freezer on top. (you know the one) It still works fine. The
compressor had to be replaced once a long time ago, but was still under
warranty.

SWSRN has decided that a 20 year old refrigerator Just Will Not Do.
(Trust me, don't ask "will not do what?")

:-) That's an ongoing battle in our house too... our Whirlpool's turning
35 this year, though.

New fridges seem extremely expensive though, and I don't have any faith
in them lasting more than a few years, unlike the Whirlpool.

cheers

Jules