Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 00:04:09 +0000 (GMT) Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
In article m,
dennis@home wrote:
Well not me NuLabore stole a lot from my pension fund! I could have
retired with 50% more pension if the idiots had not voted for NuLabore.

My company pension is exactly as it was promised when I first subscribed
to it. So a well managed fund wasn't effected by that tax.

If was OK in good times to take a pension contribution holiday, why wasn't
it appropriate to pay 5% more (or whatever) to compensate for the tax
change? Stupid question, I know.

You do understand that the pension holidays were required by the revenue.
The funds were deemed to be overfunded and the revenue required action to
stop them being overfunded.