Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge compressor failing?

On 12/30/2011 10:19 PM, Mark wrote:
On Dec 30, 8:55 pm, wrote:
Possibly the starter burnt out in the first place because of dirty
coils.

On my Sears the coils are in a double V configuration with almost no
way to reach the back set.

dirty coils might put more strain on the compressor when it is running
but I don't think dirty coils would have any effect on the compressor
starting..

Mark

If it gets very hot, it can keep the head pressure high which can affect
the starting of the compressor. The overload Klixon can also become more
sensitive due to a higher than normal ambient temperature and trip when
the compressor tries to start.

TDD