Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Federal Pacific panel replace tips

You know, I'd probably have thought of that tomorrow. I'd rather use a
propane heater and a strap on head lamp, and work on a "cold" panel. Rather
than risk frying myself.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"RBM" wrote in message

Get everything ready to pull first. Disconnect all but the light
where you are working and the furnace.
Then do the disconnect and pull the panel.
Get the panel in and the power back on.
Hook up the work light, then the furnace, then the rest of the
circuits. You only need to be out of power, and cold, for half an
hour AT MOST.

It would be unnecessarily dangerous, and time consuming to pull all the
cables, especially NM cables with bare ground wires, from a live panel.