WoodChuck34

Default Corian Router table insert?

(DarylRos) wrote in message ...
my builder took that same
cut out from our sink and cut it into 2 cutting boards

I can't imagine a worse surface for a cutting board. It will kill your knives,
and won't clean properly.

The latest research shows wood is a better surface for cutting boards than
plastic).t actually cleans (re. bacteria) better than plastics.

Do you want your handplanes and chisels to impact corian? Don't think so. The
same with a good knfie.

You are absolutely right about that. I have a good set of Henkels and
it will take the edge off real fast, so we generally don't use them
for a cutting board. They do come in handy for tenderizing meat or
for baking thought, because they fairly large. But, your observation
is right on the money.