IMM

Default Replacing a boiler

"David Hearn" wrote in message

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
Ahh, as I'd like to keep my existing pump etc (its working, why replace

it,
and its easy enough to replace myself if necessary) am I therefore
restricting myself to not having a system boiler? Are there any

modulating
non-system boilers out there?

Yes. The Ideal Icos might be ideal for you (excuse the pun). It is

available
without pump and will run on a feed/expansion tank. (I wouldn't

recommend
doing so, though, as sealed pressurised operation is better).

Hmm, what sort of work is needed to convert from feed/expansion to sealed
pressurised? What sort of benefits can be gained? And why isn't it
recommended?

Simple. Just remove the old pump and insert a piece of pipe. Connect up
the system boiler to the old pipes in the same position. You will need to
runs a 15mm cold water mains pipe to boiler for the filling loop. You need
to run a plastic pipe from the boiler to a drain if it is a condensing
model. The filling loop can be elsewhere on the system, but you must be
able to see a pressure gauge when filling.

Remove the F&E tank and cap up the pipes. Better put an auto air-vent in
the old open vent pipe, below the loft level

---