Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal alot?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:24:37 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Hmmm... are you sure the pipe is 16ft long? Judging by the height of
the nearby picnic table (about 30" high), the mast looks like it's about
25ft high.

I think I was a bit overzealous on the height of the mast.

Technically, it only needed about 10 or 12 feet above ground to clear the
lower bush just in front of the antenna.

I just measured it:
- 42 inches from concrete to the top of the 2"-to-1.5" reducer (3.5 feet)
- 10 feet of 1.5" pipe
- 2 feet of 1.5" pipe

So the total length +- 1/2 foot above ground is about 15.5 feet.

In hind sight, I probably should have gotten a shorter 2" pipe which just
made it to the top of the concrete. That way, I could unscrew the antenna
instead of lifting it out of the ground to service. (I don't have yet an
orchard ladder, which is what I really need to trim those scrub oak and
bay laurel trees!)