Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

Steve Walker wrote:
On 30/12/2011 08:25, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in
message ...
On 29/12/2011 09:53, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in
message ...
In ,
Doctor wrote:
You are missing the whole point. It is not a plug in hybrid in
the previous sense.
The engine is not mechanically connected to the drive train.
It's like an electric car but you carry round a petrol
generator to charge the battery when required. Engine runs at
constant speed.

Using a highly taxed fuel to generate electricity? Very logical.

I've wondered about this. If you have an electric vehicle and
charge it at home using a generator, then you can use untaxed
fuel.

Charging from the mains is cheaper.

But not much use if you want to travel longer distances.

Dork, you have range extender if you constant.go long distances. Once
the charging infrastructure is in then no probs.

Pillock. I used charging with a generator as an example of a possible
anomaly in taxation rules. You came back and commented that mains is
cheaper (totally meaningless in the context - which you have removed
by snipping the following lines) and I commented that charging from
the mains is little use for longer journeys. You have then taken that
as me not understanding the idea of using a separate engine for long
journeys/recharging.

I suggest that you go back and re-read this
section of the thread before hurling abuse at people.

There is more chance of finding a couple of fairies at the bottom of the
garden than there is of Drivel reading and understanding anything.

--
Adam