Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

"Steve B" wrote in message
...Why would any sane person want to use a torque wrench on an oil plug?
Screw in until it contacts, tighten until resistance is felt, good to go.

Steve

Because my experienced sense of "tight enough" fails in awkward positions
under the car. It gets the lug nuts pretty close to spec, though. I worked
on experimental electric vehicles where calibration-stickered torque
wrenches were required and got pretty good at guessing when they were about
to click, as long as I was standing up.

jsw