Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal a lot?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:49:25 +0000 (UTC), Chuck Banshee
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:29:46 -0500, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Don't forget the door Nazis. ...and the poor prices.

Sorry I haven't responded. My entire setup was a dismal failure until
just now (more about that, with pics, later).

As for Frys, I hadn't realized they were in more places than just the
Silicon Valley. Thanks for the update.

And, you're right. The prices are 'just ok'. Nothing special.

Less than "OK"; no better than Best Buy.

The big deal for Frys (no, I don't work for them) is the availability of
whatever you need (for the most part). Of course, their antenna selection
sucked when I tried to buy there (I ended up buying from Streakwave in
San Jose instead).

A lot of junk. If you want top-shelf stuff, don't go to Frys. Again, I go
there once in a while but almost always leave empty-handed.

As for those door nazis, they're better than those at costco. They will
NEVER stop you if you just walk past them. They're told to just let you
go (after all, it's YOUR stuff you just bought). However, try that trick
at Costco and the manager will chase you into the parking lot (ask me how
I know).

You've *agreed* to submit to Costco's door nazis, not so for Frys'. I did
have one threaten me, though it was over a decade back (in Silly Valley).