Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair

Default Is this how you wire the RJ45 female wall mount connectors?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:27:54 +0000 (UTC), Chuck Banshee
wrote:

Then I lined up the wires for a "B" configuration and used this 'fancy
punch' to press the wires in. Do you use this type of tool?
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/7248922.gif

Everything looks ok to me except the push on tool. It's really
designed for punching down wires onto a Type 66 or Type 110 telco
block. The punch down tool includes an impact mechanism that is used
with the Type 66 tip to cut off the wire ends against the base of the
Type 66 block.

The Type 110 is the same as the RJ45 jack, so everyone logically
assumes that you should use the same tool and the same technique.
Nope. The impact mechanism in the tool is quite suitable for telco
blocks, but might break the more fragile RJ45 jack. In the retail box
with the RJ45 jack is usually a blue plastic push-on tool, which is
more suitable for the purpose. You can also use the punch down tool
if you do NOT push hard enough to engage the impact mechanism.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D