Posted to uk.d-i-y
hugh hugh is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
hugh ] wrote:
Apart from committee meetings, I've never ever seen a unanimous vote
anywhere. As not everyone entitled to vote ever does.

We are talking about the mass meetings of the 60s and early seventies
and voting was by show of hands.

Right - so the majority of those there.
But don't you realise such things have been changed to a postal ballot
now? With no difference to the end result?

Yes of course I do but we are talking about the facts in a particular
period in Britain's industrial past.

The current question is why is it that such a low percentage of union
members in the public sector actually bothered to register a vote either
way on a matter claimed by their representatives to be of such major
importance to their long-term well-being.
--
hugh