Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

In ,
The Natural wrote:
Strange. My memory gives a constantly rising standard of living and
financial stability for much of the 15 years or so of the last labour
government.

Good grief. Which planet was this?

Your standard of living actually fell during this period? What were you
doing - resting?

Mine did, to a point where a lot of stuff that was originally regular
and easy to afford became irregular and "as and when I can afford it".
Nothing else changed, I was working the same hours in the same job, and
living in the same flat.

My wages didn't keep up with inflation. I get ahead when the Tories are
in power, and lose it again when Labour get in. This is a regular
happening with about a three year lag, noticed over every government
change in the last thirty-five years.

I don't for a moment believe that it is universal, but it works for me.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.