Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

In ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The point was not the quality of manufacture, it was the performance.

FFS. Both batteries failed.

The better batteries are now available which they did not use.

Why would Tesla loan cars to be tested by Top Gear with faulty batteries?

My guess would be that the batteries tested good under normal conditions
before the show, but failed under the extreme stress of Top Gear's road
test. Normal road use and testing doesn't put anywhere near as much
stress on cars as TG do, and I've heard of other cars which failed in
similar circumstances, at least one of which was due to go for test
immediately afterwards by a motoring magazine. I believe the phrase
"Stuffed into the tyre wall" was used.

What they didn't show on the programme was the Tesla support team
hovering round all day, just in case, just as all the other
manufacturers' support teams do.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.