Danny

Default Central Heating boiler safety cut out

Yes the pipe is approx 3 inchs apart, with nothing but pipe between
them. The position of the motorised valve is correct, I assume the
gate valve located prior to the inlet on the HW coil was to control
the temperature inside the HW tank by restricting the water flow. The
HW tank also has an emersion heater (switched off at present) and a
thermostat located on top - this is set to 60 degrees

I'm not sure where the return pipe from the central heating connects -
I can't get to them without lifting half of my upstairs floor up!

The boiler thermostat is set to half way, because on anything more
cause the boiler to pop off. I was thinking that I may have sludge in
my boiler - but the fact that the rads get hot really quick tells me
that the water circulation in my system is good, ie, not blocked. But
the overflow of water into the FE tank leads me to think that the pipe
on the flow from the boiler is blocked just after the pipe which hangs
over the FE tank. Any comments on this?

What is a zone valve, and what are the controls to make my HW
connections more efficient?

Regards,

(Danny) wrote in message . com...
Opp sorry, it should have been

http://dognet.no-ip.com/ch.jpg

Regards,

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On 4 Nov 2003 13:13:02 -0800, (Danny)
wrote:

Hi Andy,

I've sketched a diagram using word, its not too clevor but I'm sure
you'll see how my system is setup.

Visit
http://dognet.no-io.com/ch.jpg

My boiler is just a standard traditional one

I've located the manual lever on the motorised valve and operated this
whilst the cover was removed, it sounded free from obstruction, the
cogs inside were turning. However when I let go the vavle returned to
the starting position and then a small amount of water came out of the
FE tank. Is this relevant to your diagnosis?

Regards,

Danny, is the URL correct? I am not getting this as a site that
exists (no domain name).......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl