Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] karltownsend.NOT@embarqmail.com is offline

Default Cincinnati monoset

This is where a need for a T&C grinder comes. If I can come up with a
cheap to operate process of tool grinding, I could make a lot of money
buying, sharpening and selling metalworking cutting tools. Not just
"here's a tray of used drills AS IS" but "here's a set of professionally
resharpened drills". That could, possibly, make me money and would be
a fun thing to do when "auctions are slow".

In my limited experience, the monoset is not a good choice for low
cost resharpening. A cinnci #2 with an air bearing spindle can resharp
an endmill in 1/2 the time, for example.

I do think the monoset is a great choice for an HSM type because of
its extreme versatility. If you have the tooling, there is not a
custom cutter that is over its abilty to fabricate.

Karl