Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 12/30/2011 1:20 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Sorry guys..its the truth.

http://www.harborfreight.com/0-to-1-...meter-895.html

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...lo ckType=G11

Notice its marked down from $68?..thats 300% markup even there

Notice they're not the same brand....

They clearly are different.

Sure they are. One is painted a different color, and they are marked
differently.

And?

Gunner

And the ratchet is different, the knurling is different, HF has a
carbide anvil, Sears doesn't mention carbide...

Overall, two tools with similar features from different factories.

Based on the pix, the only real similarity is the intended purpose.

David

As I stated...it was over 10 yrs ago and when we laid the two mics side
by side..the ONLY difference was the Craftsman logo on the grip panels.

And a 500% mark up

Gunner

So your links to two clearly different tools prove what?

David