Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 12/29/2011 08:39 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:09:35 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Logitech's latest wireless mice have a mini-USB charging connector. You
don't have to stop using them to charge them. I found docks to be a
nuisance.

One of my kids gave me one with a docking port.
Plenty of desk space, so the dock didn't bother me.
But I didn't like the shape of the mouse, so I gave it back.
Also tried one of those similar to what Nate mentioned.
Didn't like the shape.
Always used the common "teardrop" shaped
Think I'm just going to have to adjust to a new shape to go to a dock
or one with an off/on switch.
Or just keep changing batteries.
Don't know why my batteries last only about 10 days.
Doesn't matter what brand.
I do a lot of gaming so the mouse is always moving then.
Don't know if a moving mouse consumes more juice than an idle one.

--Vic

Probably. they tend to have a "sleep" mode.

My problem is I have big hands, like a big mouse, but don't like cords.
When all my old mice started dying I researched
obsessive-compulsively. I bought a Cyborg RAT7 which is actually corded
but had some other features that I liked, and the Performance Mouse MX.
The RAT7 was my favorite and had a real light, "limp" cord so it
wasn't too offensive. It died after two months of use I'm still
using the PMMX at home but miss the "pinky shelf" of the RAT. Need to
find a new mouse to take to work; right now I'm using a Dell OEM mouse
that I stole from the IT guy and it's ****ing me off with how cheap and
nasty it is (especially compared to my Filco keyboard... hey, I figure
if I'm going to spend at least half and often all of my working day in
front of a computer, I might as well not be ****ed off by my input devices.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.