Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 12/29/2011 5:32 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
On 12/29/2011 5:57 PM, Steve B wrote:

WTF is the deal? It's a plug. Absolutely no torque during operation.
Maybe a little vibration, but that's all.

Like I said in my initial response to you: a torque wrench is used to
prevent overtightening. Tighten the drain plug a bit too much, ruin the
washer. Tighten it a lot too much, damage the threads in the pan.

GEEZ! A torque wrench is so easy to use so what's the problem? The
torque on a drain is probably 10-15 ft lbs and I can strip one out
without trying too hard. The copper/brass crush washer or polymer
washer doesn't need a lot of pressure on it to properly seal. o_O

TDD