Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Back stabbed outlets and Daisy chaining, Christmas tree lamps

On Dec 29, 10:25*am, "Nymshifting Top-poster"
wrote:
IMO, back-stab receptacles are a fire waiting to happen. I
can't believe they are even legal.

My personal choice is to buy high-quality back-wire
receptacles and use the receptacle as a daisy chain
junction.

Note: Quality back-wire receptacles allow you to put two
wires under one screw so that your downstream outlet current
isn't flowing through the jumper tab.

"Art Todesco" wrote in message

That is what I did. I replace all the residential grade outlets in my
house with quality commercial grade outlets. The are still backstab,
at least sort of. The wire is straight and it slides in a slot under
the screw. Just stick the wire in and tighten down the screw.

Jimmie