Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Back stabbed outlets and Daisy chaining, Christmas tree lamps

Steve Barker wrote:
. . . . . This place was wired back when you could back stab 12ga.
ARRRRRHHHHHHGGGG!!!

I am with you and others in not liking or using back stab outlets, although
I do use and like back-wired outlets.

But, I am curious...., I think I do remember there being back stab outlets
for 12ga wire in the past. Is that something that is no longer available or
no longer allowed by the current codes? (Again, I don't like them and don't
want to use them, but I am just curious if they are no longer allowed by
code).