Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Mobile Internet

"Stanley Schaefer" wrote
On Dec 29, 5:58 am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Virgin-Mob...epaid-3G-USB-A...

I have one of the MiFi gadgets from wally world, works well with the
netbook and tablet. If you're in a major metro area or along an
interstate, it works well, check Virgin's data coverage on their
site. I usually don't burn through the 1 gig a month that the $20
wally world special rate gives. Can have up to five connections
concurrently with it. ...

Stan

I have the Novatel USB stick modem which connects one PC at a time, via a
free COM port. Unlike some competitors you can install it on multiple PCs,
and after saving the downloaded Broadband2Go.exe program on its micro SD
card (not included) it installed without issues on Win7 and a second XP
laptop. Mine works fine on a 4' USB extension cable, which is a lot cheaper
than a remote cell phone antenna.

jsw