Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_3_] Doctor Drivel[_3_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message ,
lid writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
hugh ] wrote:
Sadly all too common. But when a 'them and us' situation develops,
it's
usually the fault of the management.

Unless, as was the case in the motor industry in the 60s the unions
have been infiltrated by communists whose avowed intent is to ruin
the company. I take it you've never been in a union? The idea that
a few trouble makers can 'lead' the majority like sheep is
laughable.

It is not.

I can recommend a good book -The Parallel Lives of Hitler and Stalin.
Fascinating how two men rose to dictatorial power by completely
different approaches.

The British establishement are cleverr. They do it by very different
means. Tony Benn.

By the end of the 1970s, Benn had migrated to the left-wing of the Labour
Party. He attributed this political shift to his experience as a Cabinet
Minister in the 1964-1970 Labour Government. Benn wrote:

"As a minister, I experienced the power of industrialists and bankers to
get their way by use of the crudest form of economic pressure, even
blackmail, against a Labour Government. Compared to this, the pressure
brought to bear in industrial disputes is minuscule. This power was
revealed even more clearly in 1976 when the IMF secured cuts in our public
expenditure. These lessons led me to the conclusion that the UK is only
superficially governed by MPs and the voters who elect them.Parliamentary
democracy is, in truth, little more than a means of securing a periodical
change in the management team, which is then allowed to preside over a
system that remains in essence intact. If the British people were ever to
ask themselves what power they truly enjoyed under our political system
they would be amazed to discover how little it is, and some new Chartist
agitation might be born and might quickly gather momentum."

Note:
"These lessons led me to the conclusion that the UK is only superficially
governed by MPs and the voters who elect them.Parliamentary democracy is,
in truth, little more than a means of securing a periodical change in the
management team, which is then allowed to preside over a system that
remains in essence intact."

So the word of Benn is irrefutable?

I would say so, yes.

Benn was sore because he lost his argument with Healey over North Sea

You are silly.

Ben says that only of the poor got out and voted for those who present their
interest would matters change,. They demoralised. Michael Moore took this
on board and had a get and vote campaign in the USA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnserZOf1-4